Events of National Federations
UNESCO club "
"International Children's Book Day. Books Build Bridges "
April 1, 2021 from 10.00 to 11.00 (
We invite everyone to take part in a video conference, read the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World" and participate in any of the nominations, or in several at once:
• Illustrations for the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World";
• Cover of "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World";
• Booktrailer from the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World";
• Fan fiction or an alternative sequel to the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World";
• Game on the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World";
• A video essay on "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World";
Book Reference - https://sdgstorybook.com/
Provisional programme of the conference:
10:10 Performance by videoconference participants.
10.45 Final part, conference outcome.
10.50 Questions of participants and viewers of the videoconference.
Performances of the winners in each of the nominations of the videoconference "International Children's Book Day. Books build bridges "- the limit of performance is 5-7 minutes, performances strictly on indicated topics.
Terms and conditions for the works provided for videoconference
(hereinafter the competition):
• To participate in the competition, you must complete the application by March 25, 2021 and attach the work by link:
• Individual and collective works are provided for the competition.
• In collective work, the maximum number of participants is not more than 5 people.
• Languages – English and French
• No more than 3 works can be submitted to the competition in different nominations from one participant.
Requirements for creative work: Creative works of the Contest participants are accepted only in electronic form.
• "Illustration for the Book": illustrations for the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World" are accepted to participate in the competition;
• Illustrations can be made on paper or in graphic editors (one illustration or a series of illustrations of a general plot) that meet the goals and objectives of the competition.
• Each illustration shall be scanned (photographed).
• File format - jpg, pdf, etc.
• "Cover" nomination: a set of cover layouts for the book "Fairy Tales for a Fairer World" is accepted;
• Layouts can be made in any technique, using any artistic techniques and materials: drawing, application, photo, computer graphics, infographic, collage, lettering, calligraphy, etc.
• Each cover shall be scanned (photographed).
• File format - jpg, pdf, etc.
• "Booktrailer": creative works in any genre are accepted for participation in the competition - cartoon, video, music video, commercial.
• Works are provided in the format avi, wmv, mpg or links to a video posted on youtube or other hosting, etc.
• Duration not exceeding 3 minutes (including credits).
• The script of the shot video or presentation created should not be at variance with the contents of the book.
• “Fan fiction nomination”: invented stories are accepted - alternative sequels to the book Tales for a Fairer World.
• Creative works are provided in the format * .doc, (14 Times New Roman).
• In the presence of illustrations - figures for text are accepted separately (without inserting into the text) in the format of jpg, pdf, etc.
• "Game" nomination: the development of literary games based on the book "Tales for a Fairer World" is accepted;
• Development should be done in the form of a description in the format * .doc, (14 Times New Roman) or a link to the Internet platform with the game.
• If the development contains game design layouts (playing fields, cards, illustrations, photographs, drawings, etc.), then it is necessary to provide them with separate files in jpg format.
• "Video Essay" nomination: video essays are accepted - videos on the topic "Why I want to continue" or "Why I do not want to continue."
• Video can be performed in any genre and in any technique.
• The duration of the video should not exceed 5 minutes.
• Video is provided in one of the formats: avi, mp4, wmv or a link to a video posted on youtube or other hosting, etc.
Each participant is issued a Participant Certificate. Winners of the will be awarded with Diplomas.
For all questions, please contact: Mrs. Lyudmila Savicheva, UNESCO Club “